Friday, September 19th, the Frank M. Tejeda State Veterans Home of Floresville hosted a community wide POW-MIA ceremony for residents and their families and friends. Over 40 members of the Floresville High School Cadet Chorale and Student Choir sang a portion of their patriotic program, “America In Song”. Also, the FHS AFJROTC Honor Guard posted the Colors. The POW-MIA ceremony was a reminder to all that freedom isn’t free! Purpose of the event for Floresville High School students was to provide them a meaningful community service experience by singing patriotic songs for the benefit and enjoyment of the veterans and the Floresville community.
- FHS Chorale visits with veterans while singing the Armed Forces Medley Service songs.
- From left to right cadets Justin Baker, Lorena Trevino and James Jobe-Hankins visit with veterans after their performance.
- FHS Chorale members, from left to right cadets Enrique Montoya, Angel Roberson, Joseph Platt and Chyna Butler, visit with veterans.
- Cadet Chorale member Hunter Fountain speaking with a veteran.
- Cadet Chorale member Edmond Cirio visits with a veteran after the performance.