Cadets Participate in Lt Benjamin Foulois Memorial Service.
The Ft Sam Benjamin Foulois Memorial Service commemorated the first military aviation flight 107 years ago on March 2nd, 1910. Sixty-seven FHS ROTC cadets attended and our Color Guard Drill Team and Cadet Chorale participated in the program. After lunch the cadets visited the Ft Sam Medical Museum. It was the first unit visit ever of the Ft Sam Houston Army Post.
See pictures attached, and television coverage was on WOAI Ch 4 and KSAT Ch 12 as well as on the JointBaseSanAntonio twitter feed.
- FHS ROTC drill cadets, Elijah Balderas (left) and Edward Castillo (right), with the event guest speaker, Daedalian Colonel Jim Humphries (center right) and event narrator, Daedalian Colonel Howard Ham (center left).
- 67 FHS ROTC cadets attended, standing at the Lt Benjamin Foulois Memorial, marking the location of the first military aviation flight 107 years ago, on March 2nd, 1910.
- FHS ROTC Cadet Chorale that sang the National Anthem, High Flight and TAPS.
- Service Flags Color Guard Drill Team.
- Brigadier General Pringle, 502 Air Base Wing Commander, are flanked by FHS ROTC Corps Commander, Cadet Raquel Rodriguez (left) and Vice Corps Commander, Cadet Breighanna Urdahl (right).
- Cadets hosted by Colonel Betsy Vane at the Ft Sam Medical Museum.