Floresville High School and Coastal Bend College have partnered together to provide dual credit opportunities for students in the 9-12th grade.
- Apply Texas - https://www.applytexas.org
- Full instructions in a powerpoint are below or here are the hints to filling out the application:
- 2 year college of Coastal Bend
- fall or spring (depends on the 1st term you start)
- Major: Associate of Arts
- remember to put in your social security number
- FHS is not offering tech prep courses
- dual credit courses (courses while in HS)
- earn credits for transfer
- FHS counselors assist with this task throughout the year.
All students are encouraged to apply for the Coastal Bend College Foundation Scholarship at the following link, please check web site often for when to apply. Must have already done an Apply Texas application: Scholarship Link
How to pay for dual credit
- Coastal Bend may have opportunities for scholarships at http://coastalbend.edu/
- FHS students who are on free or reduced lunch can receive assistance. Applications can be filled out at the beginning of the school year or at any time necessary.
- Students must apply for the Coastal Bend Scholarship to qualify for the discount. See below for FHS College Credit-Bearing Programs and Costs for 2019-2020.
3. Parent consent form
- Students and parents must sign one form each semester.
- Students will list each course they plan to take for that specific semester.
- See below for printable form link or fill out this Parent Form
TSI - Texas Success Initiative
- Consists of there separate exams: mathematics, reading, and writing.
- Determines the appropriate level of college course student is eligible for.
- FHS offers it several times a year. Free the first time and retakes are $10 a section or $30 for all.
- FHS counselors give the test numerous times of the year.
- To prepare or practice:
Dual credit text books
- Students can purchase books online
- Students can purchase books at Coastal Bend bookstore
- Students can rent books from various sources.
- Should a student choose to drop a dual credit course, there is a form that must be filled out and sent to CBC
- Form is submitted to FHS counseling department so that students schedule can be adjusted.
- see below for printable form link