Floresville High School and Coastal Bend College have partnered together to provide dual credit opportunities for students in the 9-12th grade.
- Apply Texas - https://www.applytexas.org
- Hints to filling out the application:
- 2 year college of Coastal Bend
- fall or spring (depends on the 1st term you start)
- Major: Associate of Arts
- remember to put in your social security number
- FHS is not offering tech prep courses
- dual credit courses (courses while in HS)
- earn credits for transfer
- FHS counselors assist with this task throughout the year.
How to pay for dual credit
- Coastal Bend may have opportunities for scholarships at http://coastalbend.edu/
- FHS students who are on free or reduced lunch can receive assistance. Applications can be filled out at the beginning of the school year or at any time necessary.
- Students must apply for the Coastal Bend Scholarship to qualify for the discount. See below for FHS College Credit-Bearing Programs and Costs for 2019-2020.
TSI - Texas Success Initiative
- Consists of there separate exams: mathematics, reading, and writing.
- Determines the appropriate level of college course student is eligible for.
- FHS offers it several times a year. Free the first time and retakes are $10 a section or $30 for all.
- FHS counselors give the test numerous times of the year.
- To prepare or practice:
Parent consent form
- Students and parents must sign one form each semester.
- Students will list each course they plan to take for that specific semester.
- See below for printable form link
Dual credit text books
- Students can purchase books online
- Students can purchase books at Coastal Bend bookstore
- Students can rent books from various sources.
- Should a student choose to drop a dual credit course, there is a form that must be filled out and sent to CBC
- Form is submitted to FHS counseling department so that students schedule can be adjusted.
- see below for printable form link